Monday, May 24, 2010

Paddle the Border 2010 a Day Later

I have not seen any solid numbers yet but my guess is we had well over 100 boats participating this past Sunday. What a gorgeous day, clearly the best weather we have had in the history of the spring paddle. I had the pleasure of spending the day with my dear Friend "DOM" and Willem Lange. I swear the two of them never stopped talking for the entire 12 miles. I have never heard so many stories in my life. The weather was certainly a factor in the decision for many of the participants to paddle, my wife included. I must give her credit, 12 miles for the first time in the boat for the season makes for a long day. At least she was intelligent enough to use sun screen. Unlike myself who now looks like a boiled lobster. I will learn some day.

Happy Paddling!!!

Scott